Thursday 9 February 2017

Skitarii Vanguard - Squaduary week 1 progress

Well, week 1 of the Squaduary (Squadary?) challenge is over and how have I done? I've done awesome!! Ok, they're only a five man squad and the photography is horrible but in just over a week I've got them built, undercoated, based and made a good start on the painting to boot!


Yeah, the photography could be better....
For those that haven't heard of Squaduary, it's a painting challenge (motivational tool?) run by Rory over at Stepping Between Games. The basic premise is to build and paint an infantry squad in February. It's supposed to be broken down into distinct weekly stages (building, undercoating, basing etc) but given the way things tend to get away from me I thought it best to make progress while I had the chance! After all, if I complete them well ahead of the deadline I can always add more to the squad.


Different stages of painting, the green glaze adds a bit of depth to the cloaks
Once again I'm struck with the quality of these Skitarii models, the detail is incredible and the parts fit together quickly and easily. My eventual plan is to have separate squads each armed with different special weapons but for some reason I've included an arc rifle and a plasma caliver within this batch. Horribly inefficient but oh well, I guess I'll make it work!


Tune in next week to see how much more progress I've made. Will it continue? Or will I slow to my usual glacial pace? I for one can't wait to find out!

8 comments:

  1. Great work so far! I'm sure you'll get them finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I've made some more progress in the last few days. Hopefully the Skitarii Alpha will be finished before the next update.

      Delete
  2. Increase power to the painting unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My painting unit is turned up to 11! Nearly finished the plasma caliver too!

      Delete
  3. Great progress! They are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I finished painting the first one over the weekend!

      Delete